Defective Medical Products Claims
Those who manufacture or administer medical products have clear responsibilities to patients - including a duty to ensure that their products will be effective and have as few side-effects as possible. When those responsibilities are neglected, defective medical equipment can have a serious impact on the lives of patients and their families. If you think you have been adversely affected or injured by defective medical equipment, you can contact one of our dedicated Defective Medical Products solicitors for advice.
Our team have expert knowledge in the area of defective products and the team has gained an enviable reputation for achieving excellent results with claims for compensation relating to a range of defective products. These include claims relating to medical devices such as heart valves, orthopaedic implants, drugs and other consumer products, especially defective hip prostheses.
Our Defective Medical Products team is currently representing a large number of clients in claims relating to DePuy's ASR hip replacement product. In August 2010 DePuy Orthopaedics recalled the ASR XL Acteabular System and the ASR Hip Resurfacing System from the market in Ireland. We have been instructed by numerous people who have been affected by these products and we have issued proceedings on their behalf seeking compensation for their pain, suffering and loss.
Recent cases of note
- Injury Caused by Wire Mesh Implants
- Solicitors to begin legal action over narcolepsy link to Pandemrix swine flu vaccination
- New European Alliance formed on behalf of children and adults injured as a result of Human Swine Flu vaccine, Pandemrix
- Michael Boylan to address International Narcolepsy Conference in Stockholm on behalf of Irish Patients diagnosed following Swine Flu Vaccination
- €200,000 on behalf of Roscommon Man following failure to diagnose fault in knee prosthesis
- Depuy Hip Recall Litigation Update
- Narcolepsy Litigation
- Early settlements in 3 medical negligence actions